Tax Service Individual


We offer a full roster of financial services to today's generation of entrepreneurs who want streamlined solutions to the nuts-and-bolts tasks every business must face. We understand your needs, and will serve you through our virtual platform.

Tax preparation service

Maximize Your Refund! Helping individuals and small business owners to minimize their tax liability within the scope of the law, and we have a reputation of reducing our clients' taxes to the bare minimum. Our firm offers a full range of tax planning and preparation services to accommodate you and your needs. We prepare returns for all 50 states. In addition, we prepare current year returns with electronic e-filing and direct deposit options for clients.

Individual Tax Return

Everyone has filed an individual tax return at some point in our lives, and most of us have to do it every year. Tax returns are sent in order to report a person’s income for the year, and it’s used to calculate the amount of tax he or she owes on that income. Everyone is required to fill one out if their income is greater than a certain amount – also called the “statutory minimum.” They can be mailed to the IRS, or they can be dropped off at a local tax office. Tax returns can also be filed electronically through certain programs like TurboTax.

The IRS Uses Two Standard Forms For Filing Individual Tax Return

Form 1040 – This form is used for more complex tax returns. If someone has a lot of business-related expenses that can be claimed as deductions, or if they have children they can claim as a dependent, they would need to use this form.

Form 1040EZ – This is the shorter version of the Form 1040, except that it doesn’t have all the complex questions that might not be necessary for certain individuals.

Be sure to choose an appropriate form for your particular situation

How Employers Report Employee Income

Federal Law requires a company to report the annual income of every employee to the IRS, even people they use as independent contractors. But how that income gets reported depends on whether that person is actually employed by the company or if he or she is used on a contractual basis.

When it comes to reporting income, employers will use one of these two types of forms:

Form W-2 – A company will use this form for anyone who is employed within their organization. They make an estimation of how much tax that person will be required to pay for the year, and that amount will be withheld from every paycheck.

Form 1099 – A company will use this form for anyone who works for them as an independent contractor. They do not withhold any tax from their paychecks, so it is the contractor’s responsibility to pay it.

Filing an individual tax return can be a difficult task for some people may have stocks, mutual funds, or other assets that can generate income. There are many different situations, and some of them require the help of a qualified tax professional.

For someone whose taxes are impossible to file correctly on their own, hiring a professional would be a valuable investment that can prevent any problems down the road. Anything from audits, back taxes, and even possible prison time could be waiting in the wings for someone who doesn’t file their taxes correctly.

It would be better to spend the extra money to get it done correctly, and to find someone who is informed of any new tax laws. That person would be able to analyze your business expenses and see which ones are deductible. He will also make sure you’re not paying too much.

Filing a US Tax Return as an International Student

How do I know if I’m a nonresident for tax purposes?

International students on F, J, M, or Q visas are considered “exempt individuals,” which means you are excused from the Substantial Presence Test for the first 5 years you are in the US if you are an international student or the first 2 years if you are a scholar. After this period you will be subject to the Substantial Presence Test, which is used to determine if someone was in the US long enough to be considered a resident.

How do I know if I made US source income?

If you earned wages from a job in the United States, received scholarship money from an American organization, or made interest on money in an American bank account, you made US source income. The full list of potential income sources can be found on the IRS website.

What do I need before I prepare my tax return?

First and foremost, you will need an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN). If you don’t have one, you’ll need to apply for one in conjunction with filing your tax return by filling out a W-7. Depending upon whether you had US source income, you may also need W-2’s, 1042-S, and 1099’s, which will be mailed to you from the university and your employer. For more on these documents.

How do I know if I’m eligible to claim a tax treaty benefit?

  • You must fulfill four criteria in order to claim a tax treaty benefit:
  • You must be a nonresident for tax purposes (this is different than your immigration status).
  • You must receive US source of income from salary and/or a scholarship.
  • You are on an F-1, J-1 or an H1-B visa.

You were a resident of one of the following countries immediately prior to coming to the US:

Country Tax Treaty for Salary Tax Treaty for Scholarship
Student Scholar
Armenia No Yes Yes
Azerbaijan No Yes Yes
Belgium Yes Yes No
Canada Yes No No
Belarus No Yes Yes
People’s Republic of China Yes Yes Yes (excluding Hong Kong and Taiwan)
Cyprus Yes No Yes
Czech Republic Yes Yes Yes
Egypt Yes Yes Yes
Estonia Yes No Yes
France Yes Yes Yes
Germany Yes Yes Yes
Georgia No Yes Yes
Greece No Yes No
Hungary No Yes No
Iceland Yes No Yes
Country Tax Treaty for Salary Tax Treaty for Scholarship
Student Scholar
India No Yes No
Indonesia Yes Yes Yes
Israel Yes Yes Yes
Italy No Yes No
Jamaica No Yes No
Japan No Yes No
Kazakstan No No Yes
Kyrgyzstan No Yes Yes
Korea Yes Yes Yes
Latvia Yes No Yes
Lithuania Yes No Yes
Luxembourg No Yes No
Moldova No Yes Yes
Morocco Yes No Yes
Netherlands Yes Yes Yes
Norway Yes Yes Yes
Pakistan Yes Yes No
Philippines Yes Yes Yes
Poland Yes Yes Yes
Portugal Yes Yes Yes
Romania Yes Yes Yes
Russia No No Yes
Slovakia Yes Yes Yes
Country Tax Treaty for Salary Tax Treaty for Scholarship
Student Scholar
Spain Yes No Yes
Tajikistan No Yes Yes
Thailand Yes Yes Yes
Trinidad & Tobago Yes Yes Yes
Tunisia Yes No Yes
Turkmenistan No Yes Yes
Ukraine No No Yes
United Kingdom No Yes No
Uzbekistan No Yes Yes
Venezuela Yes Yes No

What forms do I have to fill out?

That depends on your residency status and whether you made US source income in the previous calendar year, whether you need to apply for an ITIN, whether you will claim a tax treaty benefit, and whether you will claim a refund on Social Security and Medicare taxes. All the forms can be downloaded from the IRS Website.

Forms Non-resident? Made US source income? Need an ITIN? Tax Treaty on Salary? Tax Treaty on Scholarship? Refund for FICA taxes?
Form 8843
Form 1040NR
Form 1040NR-EZ
Form W-7


Forms Non-resident? Made US source income? Need an ITIN? Tax Treaty on Salary? Tax Treaty on Scholarship? Refund for FICA taxes?
Form 843
Form 8316

In addition to these federal tax forms, you may need to fill out state tax forms as well depending upon the state where you attend university.

to top button